After reading the article Ring exposes rift in ‘right-to-die’ movement I have not been swayed in my opinions. After watching many people become terminally ill and not want to live anymore I believe that assisted suicide is something that should be legalized. Whether it is doctors or not there should be people able to assist people who no longer want to live and are terminally ill.
My grandma was very sick for months and began to lose her mind. It would have been beneficial for her to die when she was ready four months before she passed. Her tumors began to get bigger and she became increasingly uncomfortable. It was hard to see her in such pain and there was nothing I could do to help. For this reason I would like to see assisted suicide legalized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That's is all understanding pain is hard to live with but i disagree with killing your self because your in pain. I do not consider myself a very religious person, however some people would, I just think that God does not put things on our shoulder that we can not handle and if we choose not to let what he has in store for us by ending our life then we have failed him.
ReplyDeleteI do not believe in killing yourself as a way of escaping pain or stress going on in your life. You are not God so you do not have a right to take what has been given to you. However, I am pleased you gave your honest opinion on the issue, but I totally disagree, everyday people suffer in Darfur, Sudan, Iraq, and many other places threw out the world. People here, in America, tend to think that life is supposed to be easy and crack under pressure when its not. Do not think I am just another person who doesn't know the problems of knowing your going to die, because I have had family memebers in my lifetime who have been threw it also, but ultimately you shouldn't dwell on the fact that life is going to end celebrate the fact that you lived! Alot of Americans are spoiled and need to learn that life is not all smiles and fun games, but also a place where people are tested.
ReplyDelete